Learning disabilities are often misunderstood and come in many different forms and can be categorised into many conditions.
At the Caring Choice, we like to look at everyone equally and assess everyone’s needs individually. We give a personal service that benefits and improves an individual’s lifestyle and wellbeing.
What conditions can The Caring Choice provide care for?
As our packages are tailored to the individual we consider providing care to most areas of the learning disability spectrum, this may be someone
who has a form of autism, challenging behaviour or a more complex condition. We will carry out relevant training for each individual’s needs if required as in some cases this can be a requirement in order to understand the individual’s needs
As learning difficulties are a lifetime condition, we hope to form an ongoing relationship to improve an individuals life and wellbeing. We give families assurance that if they need to take time out we are taking care of their loved ones.
We understand the strain many families are facing looking after a loved one so we look to provide support to everyone involved. It may be helping to deal with direct payments, speaking with social services about the changing needs of a loved one or just having a chat.
What support can we provide
We have listed many of the services we can provide but please ask if you require any other specialised service. We often improve our service by working alongside families to care for their loved ones.
- Helping with domestic duties around the house
- Personal care with washing and dressing in the home
- Assisting with medication and collection of medication from the pharmacy
- Companionship in the home, reassurance with personal tasks and encouragement to be
independent where appropriate
- Arrangement and accompanying on trips, days out, appointments
- Help with dealing with utility companies and other household bills
- Encouragement to participate in various activities to improve confidence
- Providing respite care for families with learning disabled dependents
- Assistance with going shopping or perhaps meeting friends